The ATP Antwerp European Open is an ATP 250 tennis tournament that has been played on indoor hard courts in Antwerp, Belgium since 2016.
2022 ATP Antwerp
|Tour Level:||ATP 250|
|Court Surface:||Indoor hard court|
|Draw Size:||28 Singles, 16 Doubles|
The 2022 ATP 250 tournament was held from the 17th of October to the 23rd of October 2022.
Tickets for the 2022 tournament were sold through the tournament’s official website.
2022 Ticket prices ranged from €15 to €160 with ticket prices increasing the closer you get to the final.
The official entry list for the 2022 tournament has now been released, and below is a selection of top ATP players who played in the singles tournament in 2022.
- Arthur Rinderknech
- Botic van de Zandschulp
- Daniel Evans
- David Goffin
- Diego Schwartzman
- Dominic Thiem
- Felix Auger-Aliassime
- Francisco Cerundolo
- Hubert Hurkacz
- Jack Draper
- Jaume Munar
- Jenson Brooksby
- Karen Khachanov
- Marcos Giron
- Sebastian Korda
- Stan Wawrinka
- Tallon Griekspoor
- Yoshihito Nishioka
Below was the schedule for the 2022 tournament with singles qualifying taking place on the 16th and 17th, with first-round matches beginning on the 17th and the final being played on Sunday, 23rd of October 2022.
- Sunday, 16th of October 2022 – Qualifying Rounds
- Monday, 17th of October 2022 – Qualifying Rounds/First Round
- Tuesday, 18th of October 2022 – First Round
- Wednesday, 19th of October 2022 – First Round
- Thursday, 20th of October 2022 – Second Round
- Friday, 21st of October 2022 – Quarterfinals
- Saturday, 22nd of October 2022 – Semifinals
- Sunday, 23rd of October 2022 – Final
Draw (Singles and Doubles)
The draw for the 2022 ATP 250 tournament has now been released and can be viewed on the ATP Tour website (see links below).
The total financial commitment for the 2022 tournament is €725,540 with a total of €648,130 being paid out to players.
Details in relation to the prize money to be awarded to players for the 2022 tournament are outlined below.
The winner of the Men’s Singles Event in 2022 (Felix Auger-Aliassime) won €98,580, with the runner-up (Sebastian Korda) winning €57,505.
- Winner: €98,580
- Finalist: €57,505
- Semifinalist: €33,805
- Quarterfinalist: €19,595
- 2nd Round: €11,375
- 1st Round: €6,950
The winners of the Men’s Doubles Event in 2022 (Tallon Griekspoor and Botic van de Zandschulp) won €34,250 (€17,125 each), with the runner-ups (Rohan Bopanna and Matwe Middelkoop) receiving €18,320 (€9,160 each).
- Winners: €34,250
- Finalists: €18,320
- Semifinalists: €10,750
- Quarterfinalists: €6,000
- 1st Round: €3,540
Past Men’s Singles WInners
Felix Auger-Aliassime is the current singles champion after beating Sebastian Korda in straight sets in the 2022 singles final 6-3, 6-4.
- 2022 – Felix Auger-Aliassime (beat Sebastian Korda in the final 6-3, 6-4)
- 2021 – Jannik Sinner (beat Diego Schwartzman in the final 6-2, 6-2)
- 2020 – Ugo Humbert (beat Alex de Minaur in the final 6-1, 7-6)
- 2019 – Andy Murray (beat Stan Wawrinka in the final 3–6, 6–4, 6–4)
- 2018 – Kyle Edmund (beat Gael Monfils in the final 3-6, 7-6, 7-6)
- 2017 – Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (beat Diego Schwartzman in the final 6-3, 7-5)
- 2016 – Richard Gasquet (beat Diego Schwartzman in the final 7-6, 6-1)
So far, no player has won the men’s singles competition more than once.
Past Men’s Doubles Winners
Tallon Griekspoor and Botic van de Zandschulp are the current doubles champions after beating Rohan Bopanna and Matwe Middelkoop (3-6, 6-3, 10-5) in the 2022 Men’s doubles final.
- 2022 – Tallon Griekspoor and Botic van de Zandschulp
- 2021 – Nicolas Mahut and Fabrice Martin
- 2020 – John Peers and Michael Venus
- 2019 – Kevin Krawietz and Andreas Mies
- 2018 – Nicolas Mahut and Edouard Roger-Vasselin
- 2017 – Scott Lipsky and Divij Sharan
- 2016 – Daniel Nestor and Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Nicolas Mahut (2021 and 2018) and Edouard Roger-Vasselin (2018 and 2016) jointly hold the record for most Doubles titles with two titles each.